tisdag 14 september 2010

Ral Partha Elves part 3

In this part, I'll go through some of my thoughts around team names. There are several ways of choosing a team name.
I personally like naming teams in accordance to game fluff. Games like Blood Bowl has great fluff. I also like using Warhammer 40000 fluff. In addition there are "funny teams", such as my Teenage Mutant Nippon Kappas that combines 40k miniatures, a Warhammer world japanese country and Turtles! Another type of funny name is to parodize real NFL teams. I have my Mordheim Saints, and I've seen Nordland Patriots and the like.

In this case, I don't think Ral Partha had a particular fantasy world in mind when designing their elves, so there's no real fluff to build on from there. Instead I first thought I would pick a name that represents my rediscovery of the models I use.
Phoenixes could be a good name, both since it's a mythical creature that resurrects and it is used commonly with elves in both the Warhammer and Warhammer 40k fluff. On the other hand I won't be using any kind of bird theme, which kind of makes the name mismatching the miniatures.

So how about a more generic elven name, much like the models were generic? I see them more like a collection of elven mercenaries than a real team. Soldier of Fortune is one of my favourite expressions. These elves will be known as the
Soldiers of Fortune.

Another interesting theme to consider is sponsorship. For example, in curling teams are named after their sponsor (e.g. Team Sony Ericsson).
When looking at the test models I published in part 2 I get the feeling they have some kind of clothing company behind them.
Something like Adidas or Nike, providing them with their flashy uniforms.
So without further ado, I present to you the Spikë Soldiers of Fortune!


This logo I whipped up in Pages but it's only a first draft. So far it has only the Spike ([Spike-EE]) logo, but I am considering using some kind of soldier silhouette to go with it.

Next time we will probably see an updated test model! Also in the near future I'll talk some about basing fantasy football miniatures.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar